I can’t believe it’s taken this long to get round to my Forgeworld stuff. Fear probably. But working with these has generally been a joy, and have duly prepared two full sets of Plague Marines, including scenic bases, for the building pile:
And that building pile is slowly become the built… I had just a few minutes, but put this lot together!
They look surprisingly tall – I think the bodies just look elongated, but I think they’re absolutely class. I’d love a section of just these bad boys to be fair. I then thought it would be a good idea to do a few Aspiring Champions straight out with the obvious selection of weapons. I’ve tried to make sure there’s a palpable sense of movement behind them with their positioning in some cases, and I hope that this comes across even at this early stage, or alternatively – are posed deliberately to look nothing like the majority of the rest of my army!
Hopefully, I can get the rest of the arms fitted in time, as I really need to spray and paint my Heldrake…
Sadly, some of the torsos do not have a perfectly snug fit on the legs – which means that there’ll inevitably have to be a small amount of filler work done, but I’ll probably leave this until later on. There’s a few instances of this where the feet aren’t perfectly flush on the scenic base either – so I can tidy that up at the same time.
I may have to look at getting more of these in future…
After some free time, I’ve FINALLY built these bad boys and placed them with their newly stripped liege lord:
Bases need a tiny bit of tidying – you can see they’re custom resin plague basis, and therefore just need a bit more filing/filling as appropriate round the edges. But they’re such awesome models, so happy to have got round to building them! Only thing I’ve not added is the Meltabombs – just so as not to obscure part of the model whilst painting. Sadly, weather wasn’t good enough to get them sprayed today – but hope to in the coming days.
I’ve been busy tonight – I managed to get the following Plague Marines/Daemon Prince completely based – needed some bits filling etc. – the intention being to add some variety to the ranks, as you may see with poses/bit changes, just to mark them out from their counterparts. You can see the result of this below:
I’ve naturally got a metric ton of Plague Marines still to paint – but at least they’ll stand out from the multitude of plastic marines I have!
But now, I’ve actually cleaned them, put them together and greenstuffed the little problem gaps etc. so they look pretty cohesive over all, and I’m happy! There are a couple of tiny bits to finish off (as I’m out of liquid GS) – one or two mould lines that have been removed since the photos were taken, but overall, nearly ready to get basecoated. I actually decided against using alternative backpacks – although naturally, as I too had been warned, it’s not a perfect fit onto the standard Space Marine backpack. But, I think the Legion Autocannon set looks awesome – and love the overall look – so I can’t grumble!
The biggest problem was sorting this… now it’s closer to a feed into the back than the bottom:
But hopefully, they all look pretty reasonable together!
I’ll tidy up the last few things when I’ve got a fresh supply of Green Stuff, and then get these sprayed and get them painted up for action.
Something that’s pretty cool has been the Games& Gears paint racks – have a look! Picked up two of these to house my rather vast collection and I’ve put in all that I can find for the time being. Work really well with Games Workshop’s Citadel range, the P3 range and Tamiya, and lower down, are fine for Vallejo/Army Painter as the photos show. The taller paints just need a slightly higher back to make sure they don’t fall down. I bought two of them for £30 – and am very pleased with the investment, they look great – solid plastic, smart – and will be more than adequate. One has all my GW/regular paints; the other has all my oldies and other Vallejo paints that don’t fit. Pretty pleased, seem durable enough. Very happy!