Having made a positive start of basing all my current Adeptus Titanicus models, I’ve now started working on building the Titans themselves, with some suitably creative poses. There has been no shortage of inspiration showcased by many others on the basing and building front, which has led to something that looks like the below.
I had initially started with building the legs of the Warhounds, but wanted to move the Reavers forward then, as they have some of the slightly more ambitious posing and bases of the Legio as a whole. I’ve initially started by using BlueTack to find the appropriate sort of pose, which’ll shortly be glued once the logistics and mechanics are finalised visually. I’m keeping them in their skeletal format, where possible, to enable easier painting in due course.
So, the first of the Reavers is currently modelled as follows:
When taking the photo, the fist had slipped slightly, and so I’ll re-position this to be at an angle closer to horizontal, to hopefully evoke the ‘breaking through’ with the stride pose. I will still have this magnetised, even if it feels somewhat excessive, just so I can swap this in future depending on potential weapon packs, or alternative sculpts. It’s likely to be either Ferrum Mori or Dread Wake – given the current armament, which’ll be reflected in the painting.
I’ve also added a couple of shots of some of the bases that are a work in progress, such as the trench base. I’d like to add a rampart to the lip potentially, and this’ll still need to be textured, but hopefully gives a quick ideal of how it can be done. The cork was cut into a circle, separated – and thin strips of Plasticard were used to trace round the rough break between the two halves. Additional duckboards have been added in strip format too down the centre, and Milliput has covered the general gap between the plasticard and edge of the cork – as well as adding a more pronounced ‘edge’ to the trench.
Will report on more Reaver based progress soon!